At Oakland College, there is something different for everyone. What motivates your child is not necessarily going to be the same as what compels their classmate. No matter what fascinates or excites your child, we’ll boost their growth through exciting challenges and meaningful activities beyond the classroom.
It is very important to build a strong base to have a strong future! In foundation, we are building a love for a lifelong learning process. The early years foundation stage (EYFS) sets standards for the learning, development and care of your child from 3years to 5 years old.
What does the EYFS aim to provide at Oakland Collage?
The early years foundation stage seeks to provide:
- Quality and consistency in all early years classes.
- A secure foundation through learning opportunities tailored to the needs of pupils of this age group.
- Partnership working between parents and practitioners.
- Equality of opportunity to support children of all backgrounds.
Curriculum in the EYFS
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage UK’s National Curriculum. We teach the EYFS curriculum through group activities, child initiated and adult directed activities.
The 7 areas of Learning” Prime areas of learning and development:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Communication and Language (C+L)
- Physical Development (PD)
- Specific areas of learning and development
- Literacy (L)
- Mathematics (M)
- Understanding the World (UTW)
- Expressive Arts and Design (EAD)
Each of these areas is as important as the other and all are interwoven. At the end of the reception year, children are assessed. The purpose of these assessments is to ascertain whether children have achieved the expected level of progress within each area of learning and development.
Assessments in the EYFS
Children in early years will all have a ‘learning journey’. These are documents that record observations about the child. EYFS practitioners will observe children as they play to understand the child’s current attainment, their interests and plan for their next steps accordingly. These observations form the majority of EYFS assessments and are shared with parents.
Assessment Profile will be kept at school which records their progress and development throughout Foundation Stage 1and 2.
We are aware that every kid is unique and develops at their own rate. Every child will complete a baseline evaluation at the start of the year so that the entire staff is aware of the specific areas where each child needs to progress. As a result, tailored instruction will be provided in the classroom.
Ongoing assessments take place on a daily basis in EYFS through the form of observations, rather than formal testing. Each teacher will conduct ongoing evaluations that address every prerequisite in the UK National Framework.
Your child will be given a formal evaluation, and all evaluations will be kept in their EYFS profile for upcoming teachers. We create high-quality education by being aware of each child's special needs and fulfill theses gaps.
& learning in the EYFS
At Oakland Collage we are looking at the greatest mind that has ever existed, the most powerful machine in the universe. We can help the children become even more powerful learners through the these three characteristics:
- Playing and exploring: the child will investigate and experience things, and have a goal.
- Active learning: This aspect represents how children stay motivated to keep on trying when they encounter difficulties, or how they enjoy personal achievements.
- Creating and thinking critically: This element represents the process of thinking behind children’s learning, how they develop their own ideas, and how they create strategies to test these ideas.
Contact us by filling this form with details and we will get back to you shortly with answers to your inquiry.
Find us on Google Maps and reach out to us..